Extreme Speed Relational Database Management System
High performance database platform for web apps, cloud and network deployment. Works as database server as well as embedded in server apps for transaction processing, analytics and ETL applications. Supports disk-based tables and compact memory tables with full durability or as pure in-memory tables.
High-performance database for development, testing and deployment of large local and embedded databases
in-memory OLAP and OLTP - disk-based OLAP and OLTP - all at the same time
HyperXtremeSQL™ is a super-fast SQL database system. It support SQL and JDBC in J2SE and J2EE Java contexts.
- In-memory column store for compact storage of data
with optional persistence.
- Far more advanced and faster than object stores, no-SQL databases, and most SQL databases.
- Can be deployed on cloud or local network within or outside the application.
- Very high throughputs of OLTP transactional queries and updates with microsecond latency.
- Very fast OLAP analytic queries running at the same
time as ACID OLTP
- Optimized fast ETL operations with data load and save running concurrently with OLTP and OLAP.
The latest version of HyperXtremeSQL™ has been developed in
parallel with the open-source HyperSQL
(HSQLDB) engine. Fully compatible at the application
level, it can replace the HSQLDB jar in an existing application
with no change to the user application code. Supported by
many third party frameworks and applications, it has all the
advantages of HyperSQL including MVCC and lock-based
transactional modes and database management features such as hot
HyperXtremeSQL™ capabilities go way beyond HSQLDB by
- CUBE, ROLLUP and GROUPING SETS together with a full range of aggregate functions for linear regression, correlation, percentile etc. with WITHIN GROUP clause and super-aggregate.
- Standard analytic window functions such as rank functions
and rolling aggregates with OVER ( PARTITION BY ... ORDER
BY ... RANGE ...).
- PL/HXSQL language, similar to PL/SQL dialect, for procedures, functions and triggers inside or outside PACKAGE declarations.
- Up to 8 times more data in the same amount of memory.
- High-performance query optimiser and query processor.
HyperXtremeSQL™ raises the SQL performance bar to such levels
that allow existing applications to scale up beyond their
Data can be selected or inserted at rates of around a million rows per second. By harnessing such phenomenal performance, HXSQL opens new horizons for all Java applications.
- High-performance server applications are no longer hampered
by slow database layers. No need to implement complex
proprietary data access and persistence schemes. No need for
non-standard no-SQL database engines. Standard SQL and JDBC
can be used in all areas. OLAP, OLTP and ETL in one engine.
- Data-intensive applications can embed HyperXtremeSQL and benefit from the power of relational queries and OLAP for in-memory data as well as persisted-on-disk data.
The SQL / JDBC interface is highly optimized and adds only a marginal overhead to data storage and retrieval. HyperXtremeSQL can be used for a wide range of applications, from simple Key/Value stores, to applications that need fast indexed access to large amounts of complex data, whether in memory or on disk. The fully-featured SQL query engine offers additional query possibilities to simplify reporting and management.^ TOP
HyperXtremeSQL™ can scale up or down to suit the platform and data set. It can handle billions of rows per table plus up to 64TB lob storage. The memory footprint can be configured easily for maximum speed in a small memory footprint, or for full memory residence.^ TOP
HyperXtremeSQL™ has been developed since 2004 by Fred Toussi,
lead developer and maintainer of HSQLDB. HyperXtremeSQL™ is
fully compatible with the latest release version of HSQLDB.